Tips for Headshots for a fresh and amazing professional look
Standard pose – sitting with back straight and body turned at angle is standard pose and slims the profile.
The eyes are windows to soul and that is the truth in headshots. The eyes are the first things people look at so we will try to make those eyes light up with our lights.
You want to think and feel how you want to be seen – confidence, knowledgable, friendly, approachable. Smiling helps.
We will do creative cropping of the image in editing so only from chest up will show.
2. Makeup and Hair
For women try to use foundation to smooth skin and lessen pores.
We use high resolution camera and lense so it will pick up everything like strands of hair sticking out and pores on face. Don’t worry I will edit and touch it up so any blemishes are minimized while still looking fresh and natural.
But please try to make sure you hair is neatly kept and groomed. Frazzled unkept hair with strands of hair sticking out will not look professional and distract from face and make retouching harder. That includes a clean shave.
I will have a big screen monitor so you can see your images right away if you wish. But you will probably see some blemishes because everyone has blemishes. Again don’t worry as I will retouch and minimize all of that. Consider it a digital facelift.
3. What to wear
VERY IMPORTANT – DO NOT WEAR GREEN as I will be using green screen backdrop. This will allow me the most flexibility in choosing background in editing post production. No one else does this so its pretty cool.
You can see examples of different color backdrops. Let me know if you have preference for your 2 images.
Wear clothes you are comfortable with and color you like as that will make you feel more confident and that will be what you see in the pictures.
Try colors that complement accent your skin and eye color and that shows some contrast. For example if you have long dark hair try not to wear very dark blouse that will blend in with your hair. Some contrast shows better.
Wear elegant solid colors. Very busy patterns will be distracting and distract from your face.
Here is nice list of tips on colors for headshots
4. Post Production Editing
We will do our beauty touch up minimize lines, wrinkles and smooth complexion while looking natural. You will look younger, fresh and amazing with our touch ups.
Headshots and our Guarantee
– up to 10 minute session (about 10 to 20 images)
– I will choose 2 best images to touch up and the 2 proofs will be posted in online gallery for you to view. The 2 proofs will be low resolution and specially watermarked across the image for viewing only.
– Our No Risk Guarantee – if you like your headshot proofs let me know and I will email you the 2 high resolution headshot images without our watermark to use for your work. However, if you are not satisfied with your headshot proofs you can request for full refund from the Chamber.
– you will need to sign standard photo release form which allows me to post pictures on my website, promotions
– any questions call me JB at 862 204 9172